Monday, April 27, 2015

Pushing forward

     This past Rolex weekend has had both it's ups and it's downs.  I was more than tickled to see Kylie and Rachel.  But things have gone both ways.  I had a bit of trouble keeping up with Kylie on Friday at Dressage.  Kylie bought my seat tickets and I felt kinda bad.  I knew the weekend was coming up yet I didn't have the money saved up to actually do the shopping that I really wanted to.  I wanted to look into leather halters for the girls, a wither relief pad- either fleece or foam as a just in case deal for Amber.  I still feel totally terrible that Kylie paid for dinner one night- and the total stadium day.  She paid all the gas  to go back and forth and even went riding with me and tested Heidi some for me as well.  She also paid for the saddle for Amber.  I am making the vow to at least pay her back for the saddle.  I rode in Shana's saddle again on Sunday and that should *hopefully* be the last time I have to borrow Shana's saddle.   Mine should come tomorrow and I am hoping it will fit without needing the wither relief pad.  I will be trying it on her Wednesday or Thursday after work.  I have never felt some calm and comfortable on her as I do now.  The more I work with her the more I feel confident.  A lot of my problem I think is I always ride alone and that's what is getting me Making the girls actually work I never know what I am doing wrong.  Hopefully that should all soon change. 
     Willow is really upset that I left her home most of the weekend.  She's not used to being left behind.  I am hoping by next year's Rolex she'll be good enough to come with me, granted I won't be able to get seat tickets but I am always good to be able to sit on the lawn with Willow.  I need to get her training on the ball again.  I should be mailing entries in the next week or two for the show.  I just need a little guidance in filling it out so I don't screw it up. I would hate to screw it up and miss out on our first show.  
     I think there's a thunder storm rolling in.  I didn't think there was supposed to be.  I hope the weather stays awesome as the springs rolls up so the mare's paddock can take off and grow.  I might have to go back to mowing the lawn again as dad's hours start adding up again but I can do it.  It'll mean killing half a day off each week to mow but I can do it.  Thinking of days off.  I may not have any coming up.  I found a guy looking for a photographer.  So I'm going to see about doing it part time and make the clinic give me a set day a week off(IE Tuesdays) and I can work with them Tuesdays, Saturday afternoons and Sundays.   

3 comments:

  1. No need to feed bad! I know easier said then done! But I was happy to help and pay for an awesome weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to feed bad! I know easier said then done! But I was happy to help and pay for an awesome weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will anyway. Just the way I was raised. I'm so used to doing everything myself and if I want to spend some any extra money, Then I have to save up for it.

    ReplyDelete