Sunday, April 19, 2015

Steps onward

     I just couldn't manage to stay up last night to work on this, so here it goes on a rainy Sunday morning instead.  
     Everything on the dog front has been awesome, and I mean awesome.  Willow's listening really well, we've been working pretty good, we have off days.  Trying to make her work on a rainy day when she's been cooped up is a pure joke.  Takes a lot more warming up and working to get her back to actually working.  Despite that I've had her out running while it was just sprinkling and she's laying, dozing, at my feet.  She truly is a really good dog.  Maybe not what it takes to show as well as some others but I'm learning at the same time she is.  We hit bumps and ruts but what team doesn't?  
     Speaking of teams there's always Amber.  I've finally ridden her up and down to the outdoor from the bottom barn.  We're finally starting to work together.  The girls are both still very jealous of each other but they manage.  I tried one last time with the dressage saddle and it is really still a fight to keep leg position, so I have given up on such a wonderful saddle.  If I had seen this a long time ago and known it I probably would have given up easily on the saddle.  Alas now that I do have someone willing to help me it does make it so much easier to do something and then learn what I've done right and what I've done wrong.  I don't have any issues with someone telling me I did something wrong, but at least show me or tell me what I did do wrong so I can correct it.  I keep pushing Amber more and more to my for-thoughts and She's got such a kind sweet eye, but I do love Heidi deeply.  I know somethings are better let go if you love them but Heidi I will not.  She loves me no matter what.  I can accidentally hurt her and she still loves me.  No bond like that with Amber-yet.  
     Now thinking onto Heidi.  I have to save up and eventually pay Lisa for her AP saddle.  I fall into position there's no fight with my body and she moves right out with it on there.  So I'm not sure if it's something with the wool flocking in the saddle or if it's me improving or what.  I haven't fully decided yet if I want to try and breed Heidi to a TB stallion if I can find one and see if the baby will come out decent as an up and coming show horse or if I want to wait a few more years or change Heidi to driving.  Heidi's built so nicely for driving it would be a shame to waste such talent for the driving realm.  I do have a new bit to try on her now.  a 6" french link loose ring.  Apparently a french link is a better training bit.  There's no way I'd ever get rid of her but I still think a nice cross to a short backed TB would be a pretty good foal!  
     Well I need a nap now that laundry is running.  I still got up early hoping to get to the barn to ride before it rained.  I mean I got the horse blankets all washed yesterday and hanging in the barn to dry and I've got my cloths running today and I've got a heck of a headache.  Maybe a short nap will help it go away.  Curl up with Willow and nap time shall be commencing.  After nap will be finish laundry, fold and put it away and then clean up my room.  

No comments:

Post a Comment