Thursday, April 2, 2015

The hunt is back on!

     I know another blog post again.  Here I am watching the cartoon version of The Hobbit and instead of really paying attention to it I'm cruising online again.  Still looking at other jobs.  I don't know if a breeding barn is going to work out with my dog showing schedule.  Even if I did a single show a month they're still mostly on Saturdays  and in order to actually get all that done I need to show, I need to have a very flexible schedule.  I don't think a TB breeding farm is going to be that flexible, and the clinic isn't high enough paying to keep up with it.  I haven't been able to get my doTERRA off the ground yet.  So the continuing job hunt has still been carried on.  I hate the idea of giving up on so many other jobs so far but I need to keep hunting.  The perfect job is out there and it WILL show up with enough hard work to get there.  I wish I had a shorter drive everywhere.  I want to eventually get to a place in life that I can have my horses at home, I make enough to stay comfortable.  
     I didn't mind work the last few days at all.  Today was just the height of amusing for me.  Jeff got in and told us Clay broke his elbow last night and Rex wouldn't be in.  Scotty's on Vacation, Doc's still in Florida and it was Patrick's day off.  So Jeff was going to be by himself.  Well, needless to say we all were downcast as Jeff's not the fastest person.  So in comes Mary for something, she had also heard about Rex's son and she had called Patrick.  Patrick was on his way in to help cover until Rex could get there. Mary covered a few rooms as Jeff got the worse ones.  Then Patrick finally showed up about 9, Mary talked to him real quick before she left.  Patrick did rooms and a couple of the surgeries until Rex got in at 11:30.  Rex looked like he had gotten run over by a truck.  He hadn't slept all night staying with Clay at UK(from what I overheard) and once he went into surgery Rex had left, gotten Coco and Callie and got to the clinic.  Patrick left at lunch.   Over the afternoon we got dead quiet during the heaviest rains and he got about an hours nap in.  He still looked like crap but he was better.  It was just a hopping busy then dead as a doornail kind of day.  I got baths in for Isabelle and Annie.  I thought about giving Willow another one but she really doesn't need it quite yet.  
     Back to the job hunt things, I have the two breeding barns I'm going to still check out.  The pay is still better than Boonesboro.  I'm comfortable and relaxing some at the clinic I hate to leave there just because of pay.  I need to get a few more things done while I have insurance because I know darn good and well I can't afford it without insurance.  Having Dental and Vision insurance would be seriously helpful.  In the end I can only imagine having to change doctors again if I move westward for jobs.  So long as I can keep up with Amber and Heidi, and Willow can come with me wherever I go.  
     Well it's close to bed time.  It's not raining so I'm going to get Willow out between bands of storms to pee.  She doesn't seem too happy with thunderstorms just yet.  I need to get to bed early tonight as well.  Long day at work tomorrow.  Maybe I'll call Lisa in the morning see if she wants to meet for lunch or something.  I could really go for some Giovanni's for lunch or even Golden Corral.  

No comments:

Post a Comment