Thursday, October 3, 2013

Swinging

     I've been having some of the worst emotional mood swings I've had in a LONG time.  It's insanely crazy.  I steam it all from Nestle.  I'm fine the whole weekend long- my 5 days off- and then come back to work and it's just an ugly mess.  Last night I kept quiet, back against the wall between making my prebatch and my mind zoned out and very clearly elsewhere.  It drifted to the rabbits for most of the night.  With the government shutdown thing going on there does make me wonder when will it affect me, what will happen, Should I prepare?  A lot of things are confusing still and I'm not sure I want anything to do with it.  Why can't they just fold and get it over with so we can put a temp in there until we get it all figured out?  I know it's not that simple but it's just frustrating.  I know too many good friends of mine that are at some level federal employees and they were just furloughed indefinitely until they do get it all figured out.  The one is working for an IOU basically.  Seriously not right. How can they expect her to pay her bills if they don't pay her, other companies won't take IOU's.  Seriously messed up.
     On the rabbit front I keep telling myself I need to keep Shelly, she's too nice a doe to go anywhere.  To keep her means to cut from somewhere else.  I'm not sure where that's going to be just yet. But I do have the intentions to keep her right now and if that means getting rid of some of the chocolates then so be it.
     I, thankfully, have one job lead.  The vet warned me, he said that vet that's looking for someone is an asshole.  I looked at him with a straight face and replied, "it'll be easier to work for one asshole than a bunch of assholes".  He retorted he's heard that from a LOT of Nestle employees.  Gee at least we're not the only ones that can't stand this place.  It's a sad thing to think that people can't stand to work at this place and yet we all still do because the pay is so good(dad doesn't think so but it's lower than what he made before, way higher than I made in the past).  My only fear about leaving this place is the health insurance and not making enough to keep Heidi at Tamarack all winter.  I'm still toying with the idea of going full board with her.  $450 a month is still cheap for full board.  But right now I fear with coming into the later parts of the year that I won't be able to make it because we spend part if not half of December on unemployment.  I'm hoping to save up enough money starting this coming paycheck to give me a mild cushion going into the early winter months. 
     I am still so worried about moving Heidi to boarding.  I just have never done something like this because I'm so used to taking care of my own.  Still trying to wrap my head around it.  Right now it's time for Nestle-hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment