Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ramble Onwards!

     Just a random ramble.  Been doing much thinking while I was out in the woods today.  I think I'm going to have several bunnies that are now ready for meating out to get them out of the barn.  I want to empty a few cages and start improving, yet cutting down at the same time. 
     I bred Keisha again, I thought I had grabbed Natalie, I had the mother & daughter out together in the x-pen, grabbed one that I thought was Natalie and plopped her in with Michelangelo and watched them breed 3 times before I decided to go grab the other steel doe out of the x-pen and realized the one I left behind was Natalie.  Crap.  Well Keisha was game for being bred so maybe get a couple more nice babies out of her. So Natalie's going to wait now until after a couple of the other does kindle their litters before I re-breed her.  Gives her the shot at the Specialty show in 4 weeks along side her sister Connie.  I can't wait for the specialty show in November.  I am hoping I can get a nice blue buck while I am there.  I'm crossing my fingers!!  I don't know what breeders are going to be there, I know Alexus Grecoe will be and that's who I got Rafik from to start with.  Hopefully she has some nice blues for me to pick through while I am there.
     I've been thinking here I am about to demolish my blues in hope of rebuilding them.  I have two very nice typed does with Alura and Trinity that are unrelated to the rest of my stock so putting an unrelated buck should be a HUGE plus to my blue program.   Good, good is all I can think.  Now to just get my torts back under control!  I'll do my best to cull through them and pull the very best of the bunch.   I know Della's staying, Faith and Hope without fail will stay.  I have to go through the bucks and get the cull bunch at least listed down.  I'm still torn between Dylan and Toby and I will pull through with Corbin and try to decide. 
     On a totally random coincidence, Having Jess here is driving me a bit batty, so far so good I haven't gotten totally insane.  I wasn't sleeping last week due to a bad sinus infection- I'm back on antibiotics to fight it back down, but I do know I am a little freaked out cause when I went into the office(thankfully Morehead's branch has walk in clinic) my blood pressure was way up.  I'm normally at the bottom end of the normal range.  It was high 140/103.  Little freaked out.  I haven't bothered try to see what it is now but I probably should.  I need to go to bed early because of the fact that I'll be up as early as possible so I can get my resume over to the vet's office to see if I can get a better job with him than Nestle.  I really think it's something in the dough room that doesn't help the sinus' in any way shape or form.  I've done butted heads hard enough with first shift and I'm doing everything possible to not completely lose my temper with them.  There's next to no one that I trust there and the few that I do trust I don't know how far I'm going to trust them. 
     And the last random thing for me for tonight is Heidi.  She's getting fat again.  So I need to order the last gullet bar for the saddle.  I have a new bit coming in and hopefully it helps at least a little bit.  If it comes in tomorrow I will be bridling up for a little bit!  I want to try it out.  With any luck it'll solve quite a few of my problems. 
     And to end this with, a picture of my chunky monkey:

No comments:

Post a Comment