Thursday, October 10, 2013

Just some more mental ponderings!

     Had Heidi out for a good ride today.  It was actually a lot more relaxing than normal, we went out around the hay field and Alfie's for a good change of pace.  I was quite thrilled with her, being a bit of a butt head but I think I'll try to find her another bit, either something with a small port or a French link.  Something that will take the pressure off her tongue and she'll be nicer about the bridle. 



Fall Foliage behind us!



     So now I'm going to look at some bit in my magazines since Rachel ditched talking to me to talk to someone else instead. See what I think I should try, low port or French link.  I wonder what she'll think of the change in bit. 
     I'm hopeful to have Honey placed by Court Days.  I have one person that I'm going to email back tomorrow and hopefully they'll come pick her up this coming Sunday. 
     The rabbits are settling some.  I'm waiting to sell a couple more tomorrow morning- I've been waiting for the cull buyer, if he doesn't sell them at Lucasville this weekend, he'll keep them and sell them over Court Day weekend.  That's fine by me, saves me from having to put them in then out every night over the weekend myself. I've got almost the last of what I need to bring in, short of a nice blue buck. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I can tell you that my horse trainer swears that French Link snaffles are mildest bits you can use. We use one with Gabbrielle and it hasn't given her any problems. I just worry that she might get the spiky part stuck on the wire fence if she decided to itch her face on it. But that really just a matter of keeping the horse's head away from things the bit could get caught on. I just bought a low port D-ring for Rock, but haven't used it yet, because he does well in the bitless sidepull bridle.

    That place you are riding is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone bitless with her she's still so young and green. I'm sitting here with the Dover catalog looking at Myler's - I've had a lot of folks suggest them. I'm looking at a low port D-ring for her. I just need to triple check the mouth size so I don't get the wrong size.
    We're just now starting to get some fall foliage color- but we're in Bath County Kentucky. Kentucky doesn't get the fall foliage that I'm used to from the years I lived in the Saratoga Region of Upstate New York but, it's still very pretty part of Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete