Saturday, May 4, 2013

Wonderful ride

Picture's first!!!
Now for the words.  I had attempted trotting twice but Lazy butt wouldn't go.  She was getting sweaty and tired.  But I had changed bits and that seemed to have helped ten-fold.  I was very happy with my results today.  I was more subconscious about where my legs were and using my legs to get her to bend around them with pressure.  We ended after a half hour of progress.  Then dad and I took them to graze.  Dad has been one of my biggest supporters and I know I'm very thoroughly a Vandiver as I take after his side of the family very heavily. 
The last picture of just dad reminds me of some of the only mental pictures I had of Grandpa Skip-some of which come from pictures that dad has. 
Anyway, it's raining now so maybe the ground will be decent enough to ride again tomorrow, now that I know how to make Heidi work and I think I've got her going good.  Now for us to get to trotting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment