Thursday, August 6, 2015

Relaxing

     It's been a pretty good day, other than the rain practically all day long.  I didn't get Willow out and working again, that's a day off that she coudn't really afford.  I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew this time around.  Hopefully we can squeak by at least. The first and only time I have ever wanted to just squeak by.  Aunt Lisa wants to skip Bluegrass Classic and in a way I am terribly thrilled.  I know it's a HUGE show and the thought of going to that show gives me shivers.  I think at least this year I wouldn't be ready for a show of that size.  Just like the first show that Lisa showed in I wouldn't have been able to, I'd have freaked out.  Next year I might be able to do, but I'll have to get my second dog ready for those kinds of shows before then or get Willow to work off leash.
     I'm hoping soon the weather will start to cooperate so I can get back to riding Heidi.  It's been so long and I'm itching to continue and get better myself.  I am starting to think that Amber was a bit too much horse for me.  Pretty, sweet and good mare none the less but I have lost too much skill.  Kylie gave me a set spurs so hopefully that can help hold Heidi in a trot.  I'm still so lost in saddle land. The most comfortable saddle we ahd together was the wintec, which I of coarse sold and got the aussie, then got rid of the aussie for the dressage.  I'm not comfortable running long stirrups.  So I'm back to looking for a wintec.  Easier said than done. 
     I will totally admit it now too, I really think Kylie was right, I really think Amber was too much horse for me with what skills I still retain from years ago.  Kylie's going to whoop my ass back into shape, with Heidi, Rayna and probably Mary.  Get me back up to a level of riding that I used to be at. 
     I'm really looking forward to getting things moved into Kylie's this weekend.  Get some started at least.  I need to first get the shelving up for my models and my stuff out of Jess' storage room  then slowly empty my room out.  Before I make the complete move I will move the rabbits over.   Last things to move are computers, bed, dog and human.  I am ready.  

No comments:

Post a Comment