Sunday, August 9, 2015

Quietness

     I have been up and down but more ups lately.  I've had several days where I didn't want to talk to anyone.  I just wanted to sit and cuddle with my dog and my horse and be content.  I miss having Heidi at home so it was easier to take care of her.  I have been a horrible pony mom and haven't seen her enough at all this year.  We rode today, especially when I had to pull out of the dog show because Willow has Kennel Cough.  I know she's had her vaccination for it but Patrick said to Mikey- since it was his dog that got it first- said it was probably a strain that wasn't covered by the vaccine.  Well shit.  I was so ready and eager to show and I was so disappointed when I realized Willow didn't have allergies and really was sick.  I about cried.  Then we went up, caught Rex at the clinic and we got some meds.  She's been sleeping most of the day, she hasn't had much energy and what energy she does get we run it out. I know she still needs the exercise.  
     I got another Wintec Wide for Heidi and I got back up on her again today in it.  Oh how comfortable it was.  I hope soon to have the girth in that she needs to fit that saddle, it took Shana and I to get the girth on her today.  She was great and I'm glad of it.  I learned I didn't have the saddle quite far enough up.  I shall keep that corrected from here out.  
     Hoping for a better day tomorrow.   With Willow feeling better and great things come!

No comments:

Post a Comment