Monday, August 24, 2015

Moving forward

     It's been a pretty good couple of days. I finally got all moved over at Kylies and Willow is settling down really well.  She still has a few dominance issues with Penny but they're working it out.  She's not a fan of sharing her bed and her crate with the others nor my bed either. But she's settling.  It's been a little adjustment for her but I'm hoping once we go to work tomorrow we'll be much better and get back into routine.  This week Mary should be in to do checks and I'm either going to talk to Mary or leave her a letter and see about getting a set day off so I can pick up a part time job for Saturday and Sunday  afternoons and whatever day off I have.  I'm hoping to get Wednesday's off.  It'll make things a lot easier on me.  I need the extra money to help pay board.  I'm already facing the fact of having to ask for help to cover September.  Right now I don't even have the money or room on my credit card to get my train tickets up for the wedding.  I know I need to get myself together and hopefully over the next two months I can get everything organized and get through all my stuff so I can may have stuff put together to bring over to Dad's for court day weekend and sell/ get rid of.  I've learned in this move that I have way too much stuff for a 30 year old person.  So now it's time to really get a hold of everything.   
     I went up and went riding today with Kylie, before running back to my dad's place to get my pants that I forgot in the dryer.  If you can call it riding.  Heidi had her feet trimmed last Wednesday, along with Amber had her's trimmed.  Kylie's going to have more shoes put back on Amber's fronts.  Amber was acting all ouchie today like the lack of shoes was killing her so we really didn't do much riding persay.  We kind of got up to the arena we walked around then stood in the middle just talking and it was kind of interesting.  Just a fun relaxed day.  
     I got home to pick up my pants, Willow enjoyed running around sniffing everything like she hadn't been there in a month or two.  Then went in and got her routine milk bones from mom and settled down to chill while I sat there and talked to mom for a little bit.  It wasn't until I was leaving did it hurt.  I don't know why it didn't bother me yesterday but today was much more painful.  I do miss my dad.  I am so used to him being around all the time that not having him here just doesn't feel right. I know that too will pass and like Kylie said to me earlier at least he's only a 45 minute drive away, not liking visiting her folks 11 hours away.  
     Now to just get to work on losing weight and I'll be fantastic.  Time to kick myself in gear and get going.  I know Mikey wants me to join the gym with him but I'll have to have him find out the actual cost because it'll be a while before I can actually afford it.  I hate not being able to afford anything hardly, but I have to start somewhere. I have Heidi, I have Willow I have a fresh start with one of my bestie's and let's see where this goes from here. 

3 comments:

  1. I can attest to having a long drive. Once you are out on your own, its frantic the first few months, since now you have to worry about everything that they formerly worried about, and have to make new decisions, but once the adjustment period is over, I rather enjoy being out on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to having a long drive. Once you are out on your own, its frantic the first few months, since now you have to worry about everything that they formerly worried about, and have to make new decisions, but once the adjustment period is over, I rather enjoy being out on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, wonder why it posted as eskimoalva and not allenvandiver... Way to go google.

    ReplyDelete