Sunday, February 8, 2015

Remembering the Past

     Well I have done some more reflection and I'm in full on get better and make it better with my life mode.  Tomorrow will be a quick stop to the walk-in clinic to get something for this sinus infection and get rid of it once and for all.  Been fighting it for months and now I'm back to the queasy, thumping headache, ear pained headache, jaw pain and everything kind of sinus infection.  Time to get something to kill it.  Then step forward and on to better things for me.  
     Heidi's doing awesome.  We rode really well Saturday afternoon.  Two full laps- one in each direction of posting trot then down the long diagonals.  I quit on a good note because I didn't want Heidi to get too hot plus she had been amazing.  I had intended to ride again today but the wind kept me off, I wasn't feeling the greatest because of the sinus infection.  It was almost 60 out when I got there and even in two layers I was chilled.  I know it's not good but I went and put Heidi's sheet on her and called it a day.  Got home had lunch with the family and been home ever since.  I had a good while playing with Willow outside. 
     I still worry at times about letting her run loose but so far she's been really good at coming back to me.  The wind made it hard for her to hear me at times but she still came running back anyway.  She's such a good girl.  I'm not understanding how I had my doubts that I had before.  She's been the missing piece in my life. 
     I messed with my rabbits some today and I think I am going to limit them.  I have one buck coming down from Rachel out of Penelope's lines that I will keep and I think after this spring litter out of Connie to Romeo will be her last, she doesn't produce well at all and she's just not as happy being a momma and not happy on the show table, she's happy being a pet. Natalie's happier as a mommy or on the show table but she's just over 3 years old now.  Retired off the show table.  She's registered and granded which was my goals in the long run for both Natalie and Connie.  I have done so and now I am happy with them.  I just wish I could get a Chin to take a BOB or a BOS before I bow out completely.  I'm working strictly blue, steel and Chin now.  No more torts despite that was the first color I was introduced to and fell in love with.  I have seriously missed having a few blues in the barn so I'm going to try and get a blue buck and raise a few of my own again.  I kept Blue's black daughter, called her Eclipse and I fully intend to cross her back to a blue buck later on down the road after showing her this year.  I only have a few for showing this year, steel sr doe, black jr doe, steel sr buck so hopefully I can find a nice blue buck somewhere down the line, hopefully it'll be a good one out of Penelope's lines.  
     I am still thinking about showing all three if I can find a better job and even if I add DoTerra to my list.  I need to find something to curb my interest in the oils.  I have even found a few competitors ads on my Facebook ad section and I enjoyed spending some time investigating them and seeing if I could learn even half of what the DoTerra describes with their oils.  DoTerra is by far the most interesting history rich one to learn.  Why I'm on such a learning spree I don't know.  
     I need to go to sleep soon.  I have plenty of things to do in the morning and I really need to get them done.  Sooner the better.  

2 comments: