Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Now or Never

     Okay here goes with a half negative post.  I can only picture it right now, but I'll do my best to start with positives.  The snow fall that we got Monday into Tuesday was a nice 10 inches but boy was it a bear to clear on Tuesday. Dad got out for work which was a perk for him, but I was told to stay home due to road conditions so I shoveled out the driveway a few times. I got to a few points and gave up.  Dad's truck can make it in and out and when his truck wouldn't back in tonight my little ford actually started up and ran for me.  I pulled my car out of the way and let dad back in where my car was.  Then I drove the car farther down the road to Satterfield and came home.  I was glad that my car started, gives me hope for work Thursday morning. 
     My enthusiastic drives for the doTERRA have been more interesting, especially after being pent up these last two days here at home.  I finally got my thyroid blend mixed up and boy does it burn against my throat.  I'll keep after it for at least a week or two and see how well it comes up from there.  I started to try and talk Jess and mom into at least considering them.  I'm still trying to think of the best way to present it to some of the girls at the barn and see if they're interested in at least learning.  
     I know on the rabbit front- I barely ever talk about them.  I have myself set up for 2 shows this spring.  If I still fail miserably at these shows then I'll be done.  I'll breed off and on for babies but I'm not going to push them anymore.  4 shows a year and that's it. 2 in the spring, 2 in the fall.  I'm going to be showing Willow until she at least tells me she doesn't want to anymore.  Willow's been acting kind of funny since Sunday.  I think she knew the bad weather was what was keeping her from her playmate, Sadie.  I still hope to find a better job but I will make things work  at Boonesboro while I am there.  
     I'm hoping tomorrow when I get going I'll time myself leaving home and to the clinic going up to Owingsville and down the interstate all the way to Winchester then down to the clinic.  After stopping for a visit there, I'll stop and visit grandma and bring her some of her dinners.  I know tomorrow's supposed to be colder than it was today but I will deal with that as I go.  Then afterwards I am stopping and at least giving Heidi a couple of kisses. 
     Horses is the sore spot for me, I am jealous.  I am seriously jealous right now.  Kylie has more time than I do and not as much cold intolerant as I am but she was out at her barn today and was able to play with Gus(the mule), tomorrow going to ride Rayna(the Clyde) and I've always loved Amber.  I look for pictures of Amber every time I hear she's gone to the barn and nothing.  I wish I could win the lotto to buy Amber from her.  I really miss seeing pictures of her.  I know right now I could never afford to board a second horse and I know if Kylie has to get rid of one of them before she comes to KY or afterwards, Amber will be first to go.  I'm so jealous I really want her, she's such a good mare.  I know I'm not the only one that thinks that about Amber but she's a lovely mare.  I think Amber and Heidi would make a good pair.  If I had the money I'd offer to ship Amber down earlier and put her on pasture board with Heidi before she moves down here and I could spend the winter working on both Heidi and Amber.  But that's still well over a year away before she moves down here, if she does.  Heidi can be my trail horse, whereas Amber I could actually show with if I ever got that far.

  
     Who knows.  I'm tired, day off tomorrow with things to do.  Another possible 1-3 inches of snow again tonight.  I'm watching Criminal Mind's reruns until I fall asleep.  

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you felt that way hun. I'm sorry, I will post more pictures of the princess for you! Lol. You know i love you and when I bring the horses down there you can do anything you want with Amber whenever you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in a jealous streak cause of the weather down here. A lot of my problem is I lack a lot of trust. I can even admit it after not riding for over a year after moving down here, took me another 3 to trust Phoenix enough to ask him for trotting again. Yet I went up there, and totally trusted Amber like I trust Heidi. it's weird. I don't know why but I trust her more than I trusted Phoenix, and Bahloo. I trust Amber as much as I trust Heidi and Amber is just better in the ring, Heidi would much rather be on the trails. Eventually I do want to get a second horse for the ring work.

      Delete