Thursday, February 5, 2015

Energy

     I spent some energy being mad and pissed off at my car but I drove it home Wednesday night, leaving my truck sitting over at my aunts.  I knew darn good and well Wednesday night into Thursday we were supposed to get snow and the car does drive better through the snow- let's just face it.  I am still a far better driver with a front wheel drive than I am a rear wheel drive-especially a one wheel drive pickup.  I trust my truck to start and run when the car fails me.  It's 'stepped' up to the challenge each and every time the car failed me.  But now that the belt has been replaced, which I am glad I got to help, I have noticed a lot better driving out of the car and it appears to be getting a bit better gas mileage.  So I shall see how the rest of the month plays out.  I know I swore up and down a tree that I was going to get rid of the car.  I shall see how this runs now.  
     Jess, tonight, was saying something about possibly buying my car from me.  All I could retort was $2500 and it's yours, I've got more than that in the car.  She said 'ouch' and didn't make offers to it again.  I'm glad of it, I really do have more than $2500 in that car total.  $1600 to buy, $800 in work from City Tire, $100 in brakes so far and $250 in tires.  That's $2750 right there, that doesn't count a few other things small things that I've done to the car.  So no, not letting that car go that cheap.  Plus she's got $95.50 to pay off that was Ayden's.   She wanted his eye checked  so the bloodwork was to make sure it wasn't a deep infection, eye staining and then eye drops. She got it cheap.  Bloodwork along is well over $100, then add eye staining and the meds and she'd have been looking pricey.  But Ayden's got it done and covered. 
     I guess I should make the choice soon to sell out of the rabbits.  I'm going to keep one buck- a Penelope grandson- to breed with my girls on and off each year.  I'm not keeping too many anymore either.  Natalie, Connie, Raven, Eclipse.  Two blacks, two steels.  I am still considering the chin pair.  It's a chin carrier steel buck and a full chin doe.  I might keep them for a little longer and see what I can get out of them but right now the rabbits are falling farther off my radar due to time and money constrictions.  Though I might be getting Chloe in, Chase's last doe that he hasn't been able to sell.  I promised him she could live it out with me or until he wanted her back. So things can only get better from here.  I will make choices as I need to go.  
     Heidi has been awesome. Wednesday has solidified her learning capabilities.  I carried the riding crop to help keep her attention and it got her to focus more on what I was asking her.  Now with working so much on myself now I have been doing much better with my own form, so Wednesday I put it all together.  We trotted the long sides and long diagonals of the indoor arena. We keep going like we are and by spring she should be working on jumping.  Hopefully we can do it.  I'm going to start working on Una as well.  I want to get sport boots for Una's legs so I need to measure her cannon bones for the proper size boots.  Tomorrow I shall do this.  Maybe I'll measure Heidi as well but with her feathering she can't wear the full sport boots but she can wear splints hopefully.  Either way I'm also thinking to sell my cheapie english and my aussie and maybe get a saddle that will fit Una.  Sadly Lisa's saddle is too wide for her(and not quite wide enough for Heidi- go figure) and the cheapie saddle which doesn't fit anyone that I can/want to ride.   
     Well it's close to bed time so I need to get Willow out to pee and get myself into bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment