Saturday, February 21, 2015

Appreciation

     Today was hopefully the end of the craptastic weather.  I lost Speedle Thursday night into Friday at some point.  Thankfully I knew he was going to go soon and he was the second longest living rabbit I ever had- followed by Gabriel who was a year older and I lost last January.  I know there will never be another Gabriel or another Speedle but that ended my non dutch rabbits.  My brain told me it was time to completely get rid of my rabbits.  There's only 4 that I care about- Connie, Natalie, Raven and Eclipse.  But I can't do it. I might keep only those dutch and one blue buck to breed them with.  I might still breed very lightly.  I may pick up a different breed, just a pair or something.  Not sure yet.  The rabbits are an off spot for me right now.  
     Had another unplanned day off from work but in the morning I still have Clinic duties to take care of and dad will ride with me and I'll drop him off at Grandma's and then I'll go all the way up to the clinic and take care of everything there.  Then it'll be home to fix my car again.  The belt came off today halfway to the interstate because of the deep slush. Whoops, now I know why the splash guard is supposed to be on the car.  Well we just have to put the belt back on and then rivet or zip tie the plash guard back on so it doesn't do this again.  Plus I also have to clear out my truck and get it running again.  I'll have to throw bunch of the cinder blocks in the back for weight until I can get to Lowes for some tubes of sand.  The truck does need to run again, Hopefully it'll start for me, I haven't run it in a week now. Hopefully it will run just fine. 
     I will have to get Willow working again, I haven't done hardly any training work in a week with her.  It's been so fun at work on the lunch breaks- plus I have only worked two days this week- which drove me batty.  So even if I can't meet up with Lisa's tomorrow for a training session at Lowes then at least I have to get her working out on a walk or something.  I know in the morning when I go to the clinic, I fully intend to take her with me.  Drop dad off at Grandma's and take her to the clinic, then back to pick up dad and then the stop at Lowes I'll bring her inside and see what happens.  I'll bring some paper towels or napkins in just in case, but she's never had an accident.  First time I ever plan on it is when it'll bit me in the butt. 
     Heidi was great, I saw her real quick- like 5 minutes- on Wednesday.  Because she was the calmer easier to walk horse out of the pasture boards, she was walked up to the upper barn and that's where she stayed in those very cold nights.  She was perfectly fine with it and was happy to see me. I wish it had been warmer and I could have seen her longer and gotten another ride in.  We're doing so good riding and it's been awesome.  Hopefully soon.  
     Monday morning I'm going to go up to my doctor's office to at least let them know that my last round of antibiotics didn't work at all, and then it settled down into my chest.  I've given in and sent to heavily using the doTERRA to hopefully help.  I need some of the tension blend for this headache.  That'll be next month.  I just wish I fully knew what was going on in my head why I've had this headache for months now.  It wanes to tolerable and then comes back to more intolerable.  I had the chills so bad the other night I finally broke down and took NyQuil.  It helped me to sleep and that's when it really settled into my chest.   Now hack up a storm- On Guard and Breathe on board and it's holding steady.  Now for more sleep. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww I'm sorry about speedle. He was one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a fav. He'd been with me since he was 2 weeks old, moved momma and litter to my shed cause it was heated, fell in love with him, so he stayed. :) Maybe some more lops are in the future?

    ReplyDelete