Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Futuristic possibilities

     Today, while I was up riding Heidi I was talking to her and gave it a few thoughts of going back to school.  I need to get a better paying job, something that I can afford to keep what few rabbits I have left, Heidi and Willow.  I know I am under $4k left on my student loans but I need to get some more skills and a better skill set to get the better job.  Nothing so far from any of the equine vets.  I'm going to try and re-email my resume to a few of them.  No guarantee's that I'll get any of them and of coarse I'm not getting anywhere at Boonesboro either.  Especially now that Brenda came back.  I noticed it on Tuesday, her first day back.  There's too many 'techs' not enough Vet's there.  And the fact that Brenda's been there before puts her back above Shelby and I.  Shelby has the same theory that I do.  We're just kennel folk now, we have no real reason to be there other than to keep the kennels clean and watch the surgery dogs as they wake up.  That's NOT the job I wanted, I know I have to take something and work with it, but I'm at a point in my life that I cannot do that anymore.  There's got to be a standard so I can actually afford to live off on my own.  
     The ride today was nice, I have to admit, Heidi's progressing.  I almost got her to jump a little today but she finally lazed out and knocked the poles down.  I can at least talk to her and while I can't bounce ideas off of her with responses I can at least get it spoken out loud and lets me think some more on it.  Also easier to remember what I was talking about, just remember more of the ride.  
     I've started to think about going back to school.  As crazy as it is to think about it, I do want a good job, something I can grow with and actually make a living on.
     Well sleep time, two full days and a half day to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment