Saturday, June 15, 2013

     Had a few good days so far!  Hopefully I can get some more stuff done with three more days off I should be able to get things off. I started my weekend with a short ride on Miss Heidi.  We could have done better, we've done better but at least we got a little bit of work!


 
     Her sores are starting to look slightly better.  Still sore to the touch, but I'm going to try some Aloe Heal on her belly and see if the scabs ever start to heal up. 
 Down between her front legs looks the WORST
 The chest is starting to fur back up after a week, so hopefully after the second dose of Ivermectin will stop everything.
 Her throat and jaw are looking better too. 
     I've been busy mentally thinking about the bunnies and I've got a few plans in motion.  Holland Lops are on their way out, Cinnamon is still on the knife edge and I have two that I will be putting down tomorrow-Oliver and Pipsqueak.  Holland lops are on their way out!  I'll have a trio left, if that!  I might end up with just a pair if Cinnamon does sell, if I don't bring her to Cindy.  We shall see, I have 6 more weeks to make a full decision or try to sell Cinnamon. 
     Anyway, I let 4 of my bucks out loose today on the floor of the barn to run around, it does make it a tad difficult to walk around when you have 4 rabbits running around your feet. Zelda and Marie both tried to get out and join the boys but ladies are not allowed to run loose with the boys!
I've let Eliot loose with Colby before.  Colby out with Speedle and Gabriel before, but never had all 4 out all at once.  Today was the first time. 
     They humped each other for a little while and then they just settled down.  These boys are well enough mannered that they can be allowed. 
     With them I've also started to mix these 4 boys feed.  50/50 PenPals and Purina Complete.  I'm not sure if it's what is helping There's a couple more of them other than these 4 but these 4 are ones that weren't eating.  This morning I was happy to see that these for and Natalie had eaten all of their food and they were perkier.  It could be a good thing.  I'm thinking after this round of PenPals I'm going to separate them back to basic Purina and then the few doing good on PenPals can stay on it until it starts to run low, then they'll be switched.  I want to see first how well Purina Complete brings them back to condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment