Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Facts of Life

     So is the facts of life, things that have to be dealt with.  I got some 'other' stuff to try for Vents disease.  Something to try and treat to save Pipsqueak.  I went out this morning and it's full blown snuffles.  Good thing I've had her separated now for a while.  I'll have to put her down this coming weekend.  She's had too much of everything ran into her system trying to save her.  She's too little and it was too much stress for her to handle.  I have a couple others that need to be put down as well so this won't be AS bad as it could be.  No more suffering, just keep telling myself this and eventually it'll be alright.
     I have the ponies back on my side, Heidi's been downright miserable without her barn to go into , she stands and sweats.  Since today and tomorrow are both going to be hot and miserable I brought them back over to my side with their barn.  On the plus side, it's been a week since the first double dose of Ivermectin on Heidi and she's starting to regrow the fur.  Her belly is still touchy but her chest is no where near as itchy, nor is her chin.  Her belly might be touchy because of all of the sores.  I have been putting Swat on it daily to keep the flies off  and start the healing process.  Now that they're back on my side, they're halter-less so I have to get some on chin too so that can heal.  Once she's all healed back up, I'll give her another bath. First double dose was the 5th, second double dose is the 19th.  Must remember all this, must remember.  

No comments:

Post a Comment