Monday, May 25, 2015

Greatness

     The last few days have been phenomenal and I know I have been feeling it too.  I've been doing most of Willow's training as I could on lunch breaks at work, only spending half an hour doing so.  My other half an hour this last week was spent with Blake and Briley the dalmations.  I don't know how much longer I can feasibly work with them. I've gotten so used to working with Willow for the half an hour, then letting her out with Callie to play and wear the two of them out then taking Maverick outside and working with him if he's there.  Right now it's been leave Willow and go work with Blake and Briley for a half an hour and then come back and get Willow out and get her working for 15 or 20 minutes and then let her romp with Callie for about 10 minutes.  
     Our show on Saturday was great.  Willow didn't do as well as I had hoped for but she still did great.  Three of the signs that we had were not ones we had practiced at all.  The serpentine was the one that didn't worry me.  It's simple heeling and Willow had been doing pretty good with that.   The one, I don't know how to explain but the swap around, swapping the leash behind my back, I never practiced that one but we seemed to both do it quite well.  The last was the call front finish left.  I've done call front finish right but not left.  Gotta work on that one!  She turned into a jumping bean after that sign and we finished with her jumping up and down so that needs some work as well.   Next show is in 3 weeks, just a single Rally show cause we don't wanna get up that early to do both.  We've gotta keep cracking!  She's been by my side ever since then.  Which I don't mind at all.  
     I've been riding a LOT.  I've started to feel that in my legs.  Right above my knees on the outsides of my leg.  They're sore but it's not a bad sore.  I can feel it but it's not that bad. I've really been enjoying getting the girls out and riding.  Heidi's actually been enjoying going out a lot more.  I finally figured out when I do get to ride with someone else it's just a lot, lot better.  Yeah so Shana was correcting me through most of my ride but finally riding with someone else was just the best feeling.  So I need a lot of work, so what.  So I need actual lessons, so what?  Shana didn't care, She actually waited to come ride with me and that was what made all the difference to me.  Amber was on her best behavior, she enjoyed Hope's company.  I haven't enjoyed Sandy's company since mid March when I learned of Amber coming down,  I've avoided her since, almost similar to the plague.  I still find comfort just sitting out there with my two girls.  I kept off Amber for a week and she still rode out great, no high strung behavior, nothing.  Maybe it was because Hope was there grounding her or she was just that calm.  She's been so calm.  I actually admitted to Shana that I actually prefer riding Amber over riding Heidi.  Heidi tweeks my back and makes that sore, Amber doesn't.  I don't know why or anything.  I do know I should check out a Chiropractor for myself at some point.  I just don't know what to do.  Heidi does love me, she does what I ask of her.  My heart is just feeling like it's torn about what to do.    
     Yesterday I went out to the barn and rode each girl up in turn to the arena and we did some trotting.  It was hard to keep Amber's attention because Sandy had taken Spencer out to graze.  I hadn't put two and two together until then that my girls and probably Fortune as well, were really hungry.  Amber quit working so well seeing Spencer grazing nearby.  So when I got back to the bottom, I filled four muck buckets with the loose hay that had fallen off the hay wagon and put them out one at a time- the girls(Heidi, Amber and Fortune) fought over each one until I got three out there. It was pitiful to see.  They really are hungry.  I know their field resembles a dry lot.  I know Perry has seeded it heavily but it hasn't rained yet to make it grow.  I have told Perry I know the girls are hungry and unlike the ones that are full board that can get hay in their stalls during the day, mine don't have anything to eat.  Sandy said she'll tell him again that they need hay or something to eat.  I've been graining them heavily but it's just not as good for them as hay is.  If he won't hay them I will have to find somewhere else to move them to.  They need the hay or grass to eat.  If not I'll be dealing with ulcers from being hungry all the time. 
     It still begs to differ what is going to go on with my life.  I do know that I have my horses, my dog and a couple of really close friends that I will always  love and cherish and that I talk to on a more routine basis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment