Sunday, May 10, 2015

Flaws

     Well Sometime May 7th to May 8th Heidi scraped herself up real good, I suspect she got cast under the fence and eventually did get herself free.  She was pretty banged up but I've got her mending now.  Her right rear is still swollen pretty good but the thigh scrap has shrunk tremendously.  I ripped the scab off her lip, the big one, and put some more triple antibiotic on it.  Heidi didn't much appreciate the Frankincense on the wounds and tried to kick so I just did triple antibiotic on that as well.  She's healing up nicely, but I did have to up her bute tablets to two a day to try and get that inflammation down so I can go back to riding her.  I don't think I've tried to ride her more than once since Kylie rode her.  It would have been great to ride today but John was up there shooting off his guns down in the hollow and it had Amber wound up tighter than a drum.  So there went my ride today.  I cold hosed Heidi early, then hosed Amber down totally to cool her down.  I'm still a bit hot under the collar about the whole situation with Heidi and I'm still kinda looking around at other boarding barns but I had a very bad feeling that it'll be the same anywhere I go.  Pasture boards are just that- pasture horses that people do not have to bother with.  
     Well I got confirmation of Willow's entry at the end of the month.  I actually feel mostly confident in her ability to preform to the standards I need her to, but I need to preform better(therefor she will have to step up) I don't know why but I keep telling myself I HAVE to do good.  I have to show everyone that I CAN do it.  It's just, I don't know.  It's a very strong need to get at least qualified.  It just goes to show really what can be achieved and without a real paid trainer and classes.  This is the payoff, being out there and proving to myself that Lisa and I can do it, together!  
     The job hunts have been slow, I've got a few leads, and I've gotten quite a few declines, but I'm going to keep at it.  I do enjoy working at the clinic most days, I'm still more towards a large animal tech than anything else.  I really need to get to work on losing weight.  Slim N Sassy was a fail for me, so I'm going to just give a food monitor journal a try.  Well one day I will have everything all figured out.  I've got so much going on in my head I'll start weeding everything out while I'm hosing Heidi's legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment