Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Dreams

     I have had so many things on my mind today while I was mowing the yard.  Just a lot of things that can't move forward without something else giving in.  
     Willow's training has been doing great.  She's improving with every session and she's working on Sit-Stay at home.  She's still a bit short attention spanned but I keep them as short as possible with lots of praise.  So things are going forward with her training, I think we'll do pretty good at the show.  At least good enough to qualify.  I need to start looking into the later shows and see what Lisa's aiming at with Tinks and if she's goign to work Paris back into condition and finish her titles out.  She's been really good, I made her sit and stay while I was opening the front gate on the pasture so dad could get in and mow.  I mowed the yard myself.  
     I was at the barn late last night.  I rode with the new girl, the teenager and her gelding Harry.  Amber helped keep Harry calm when he got spooky and Harry kept Amber calm when she got spooky.   But I rode her without the half pad under neath part of it was mistake cause I had put it elsewhere and part was I wanted to see how it fit without it.  Needless to say it went back under the saddle after our ride.  She needs it.  For now I am content using that many pads.  I hate how I KNOW she's going to sweat like a bastard under all those pads but I have plenty of pads to swap 'em out and keep switching them out as I need to.  
     Heidi's healing up really well too.  I'm really, really happy to see that.  I upped her to two bute tablets Sunday night with her supper and she got two on Monday night but Monday her swelling was almost gone.  I was VERY happy to see that.  While I didn't make it over today to check her I am quite confident that she was alright.  I had to mow the lawn today and due to running out of gas and having to run into town to get some more gas and get it out of the front yard I didn't make it over to see her.  Tomorrow after work I will go out, I'll ride Amber one more time and check Heidi's leg see how it looks after a day of no bute.  
     I thought I was fighting a sinus infection.  I failed to call the doctors office this morning but I did realize it wasn't in my sinus', it's in my ear.  It's been a LONG time since I've had an ear infection and it's down into my lymphnodes in my neck and I've been using Breathe or Peppermint Essential oil to keep the pain down but I finally pulled up the website and checked into what I could do.  Basil.  3 Drops on half a cotton ball and put in the ear.  The oils are too strong to be put directly into the ear but the vapor off the cotton ball.  So I'm trying it.  All I can taste and smell right now is Basil, but I shall see how it feels come morning.  I've gotten myself back on the Tri-Ease as mowing the lawn is murder to my sinus', I've also gone back to the Springtime Joint suppliment see if that can help the knees as nothing I've tried with doTERRA has worked.  I need to order Grapefruit as it's used for so much stuff.  I thought I had ordered it last month but I apparently didn't.  For now Peppermint will have to work. 
     For now, I'm just going to keep looking forward to the dog show, and working the horses to possibly show Amber in the fall in a schooling show, getting fit, and working my lifestyle to a happier and more filling place.  It's getting there.  Slowly but surely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment