Saturday, February 4, 2017

Struggling

I have been on and off struggling to sleep and keep my system clear.  I started back on a multivitamin and after a few days of taking it with my lunch (if I took it with dinner I couldn't sleep, I knew that from before) and it has been leaving me nauseous so I've quit them for the time being and started the other ones.   

But still not feeling quite right.  One of the nights that I couldn't sleep so I was on the hypothyroid group on Facebook that I'm apart of and I was doing a lot of reading, then I started doing extra research on medications for hypothyroid and I've got a few different leads to work with. For the mean time it will mean going to a different doctor down in Lexington that will do the extra tests that several people has suggested.  Apparently only about 10% of the hypothyroid people do good on the simple T4 hormone supplement, like what I take the Levothyroxine.  The other 90% of the people the only thing the T4 supplement does is make their labs come out normal- the other affects of the hypothyroid stay the same.  The things like the mood swings, depression, lack of energy and lack of motivation to do things that the person once enjoyed.  Low self esteem, low self worth feelings and well, quite a few that I've posted before, it's a big problem and it's something I need to get sorted.    Well I don't have the energy to do half the stuff I once enjoyed.  I have at times, serious depression, the cold extremities that come from hypothyroidism and the lack of being able to lose any weight.  I mean I did 6 months on Weight Watchers last year and got down to 267 from 271, but I've gained that all back plus some, I'm back around 280 again.  Even going to the gym almost daily last year and counting points on Weight Watchers and I still couldn't lose weight.  From what I've been reading some of it's from the T3 hormone(that works with the T4 hormone) has two forms, Free T3 and Reverse T3.  The T3 levels aren't tested or checked, then add Leptin Resistance and Insulin Resistance that should be checked as well.  The research says the T4 hormones can put your routine lab work in normal ranges, but those would have to be tested separately and a vast majority of doctors won't do it.  So I found one doctor that will and they are down in Lexington.  I am going to attempt to see them come spring time.  If my T3 levels, Leptin and Insulin Resistance levels are too high or too low then maybe if I get those fixed it will help with everything.
The list of side affects that I've found and I have marked which ones I do feel(taken from MayoClinic):
  • Abdominal or stomach cramps
  • change in appetite-yes
  • crying -YES
  • diarrhea
  • false or unusual sense of well-being -Yes
  • fear -YES
  • feeling not well or unhappy-Yes
  • feeling of discomfort
  • feeling of warmth
  • feeling things are not real
  • feelings of suspicion and distrust -YES
  • hair loss-Some but seems to have slowed
  • headache
  • increased appetite
  • mental depression -YES
  • muscle weakness
  • nervousness -Yes
  • quick to react or overreact emotionally -YES
  • rapidly changing moods -YES
  • redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest- Yes
  • restlessness -Yes
  • trouble getting pregnant
  • trouble sitting still
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
  • vomiting
  • weight gain
  • weight loss

I figured out it's gone downhill for a while and I don't know what's causing it for sure but maybe get a different doctor to check it all out.  So far Debbie and I have started back at the gym and so far Tuesday and Thursday are the only two days we don't go to the gym and those two days I need to start taking Willow back down to Lowes and start doing some training sessions with her, 3 days at the gym and 2 days working with Willow and hopefully that will start some weight loss.
I am still mentally back and forth about picking up the side job to work alongside the clinic or just wait it out and replace the clinic with a single higher paying job. It just kind of sucks that I'll be working a TON of OT to try and get Mikey paid off and then also get dad paid off for the car repairs.  
Car is sitting at Craigs this time because it started to drive really badly again.  Apparently it was just the alignment had gotten seriously bad.  I don't know how the alignment could have gotten so far off again.  I mean it was done in December.  Dad also asked them to check out the stalling issue, so the car wasn't done Friday afternoon but it should be done Monday hopefully.  No idea how much it's going to cost.  I still owe him a bit over $200.  I will keep pushing and keep struggling the best I can.  I will get it all paid up by July that much I do know!  I will figure it out and then at some point get to that doctor in Lexington.    

Horses have been good.  Heidi had that mild bout of something, which I chucked it up to gas colic.  I don't think she's as happy with the round bale this time around because it's got a bunch of weeds in it but she's going to have to make do with it.  I just hope springs around the corner I'm ready for spring weather.  I still have to do some work on finding a summer field to rotate the girls into.  I still have time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment