Friday, January 20, 2017

Equine Love

I have to say I haven't completely figured out my total fascination with horses when I look at my background.  I don't make the money to support them, but they have been my biggest fight to keep.  I have already started the sell out of my rabbits- albiet slowly but it's started.  I have every ounce of drive to keep them and I am already starting to look at summer plans for summer fielding for the two mares.  Heidi  is jealous of Tessa but Tessa's a much gentler lover than Heidi is.  I usually have to push Heidi away to be able to mess with Tessa.  I have been able to give both girls some good brushing and attention the past couple of days while it's been dry.  
 
I still haven't figured out why I was so driven to get Tessa back.  I have been trying and trying to figure it all out.  Something triggered it, and it wasn't seeing people and their Quarter Horses cause most of them didn't have Quarter Horses.  Mustangs, Morgans and Thoroughbreds really.  Something else set her into my mind and had me dreaming about her before I found her for sale.  
Now to rant just a little.  I wish I could find someplace that I could *trust* to take Heidi for a couple years and get her as far under saddle as Tessa is for me.  I know given a proper area and less MUD I could do it myself.  While I would LOVE to have them both at either Tamarack or at Lucky Charm to work on them and ride more I know it's not in my budget in anyway shape or form.

I have allowed my rabbits to fall to the way-side.  Part of me doesn't want to give them up- at least not the Dutch.  I have gotten a firm re-start but I now lack the time to go to shows and actually work on them solidly.  Breeding just for a few litters a year is STUPID.  I thought about keeping them just for raising a couple meat litters a year out of but we don't eat much rabbit ourselves.  Personally I'm not that big a fan of it.  

I've had a few places- well people- contact me about apartments, all of them are 2 bedroom or bigger.  I don't know how much I can stress I ONLY want a 1 bedroom for me and Willow.  It got me thinking about those shed homes, or Micro houses again.  The one that I have the website for has a 1 bedroom place for around $60k- seems a tad bit too high and then there's the location to put one after that, along with Septic, water and electric run to it and the foundation.  I just feel I could have so much more to give to this if I didn't have my girls at all.  I will keep working on it.  I have to, I must.

Right now I *need* to find my way around things and I need to get my life moving forward.  I have the greatest parents and supportive family around me that I can possibly have.  They may not agree with me on some times but they do help and support me the best they can! 

2 comments:

  1. 60k is waaay too high for one, you can get a real mobile home for less. They don't cost nearly that much to build, if you are willing to put in the work for it. I may have more construction knowledge, but you have a lot more helping hands. I can help you with design, but it is up to you to build it. I would not recommend going with a pre-built, since they don't come with vapor barriers and whatnot in them, you would have to take the siding off to put one up (or go without one, which I would not recommend with how much wind you get down there).

    Construction I can help you with, animals notsomuch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that was high, some of hte double wides dad and I looked at before he got this place was $80k for a brand new double wide so I bet a single wide wouldn't be as much. I had been thinking if it was $30-$40K starting to look about for a little chunk of land to start all this on but sadly nope. I even found some that were on wheels and made me think of what you were building. I lack a lot of skills when it comes to building- as you know.

      Delete