Sunday, February 12, 2017

Strong

The weekend has proven to be a tough one for me.  After Friday's crazy cattle call and Scotty's ill placed pissy attitude it made me look harder at other jobs.  I at least got to talk a little bit to Rex this morning while I was doing morning clinic.  It was his idea to use me as the large animal.  He wanted to ask me make sure I was good with it.  I told him I was fine with it but I lacked a lot of knowledge.
First I should start with Friday.  Friday Patrick asked me to go with him on a farm call for a chilled newborn calf.  Okay no biggie.  Take Mikey's boots my fleece and I had my long sleeve shirt on, I figured I was fine.  On the way back down 627 towards the clinic we had to stop and help catch a calf that had gotten loose on Scotty at the clinic.  Well a lot of running back and forth, and dragging of the mostly sedated calf we finally got it back on the trailer.  After trying to roll over me in the ditch, then kicking Patrick's feet out from under him it was done.  Scotty was too 'hot and sweaty' to walk the 400 yards back to his own truck and I offered numerous times to walk back and go get it but the three of us climbed up in the truck and Patrick was going to drive us back down to get Scotty's truck.  Well we couldn't get a spot to turn so Patrick finally climbed out and said he would walk back down to get Scotty's truck.  Scotty didn't move nor even say thanks- nothing.  I had to slip Mikey's boots off my feet to move and slide over to the driver's seat and I drove the clinic truck back to the clinic.  I spent a few more minutes getting the truck cleaned up and re-organized back to what it should be and it was 1pm.  I got Willow and I got Patrick's two big dogs, Bode and Lucy, upstairs with me and Willow to eat a little bit of lunch.  Patrick had taken Tia and Taco with him to get some lunch at Subway   Both of us were back and functioning at 1:30.  I was still over heated.  I overheated badly running back and forth to and from the truck while working on the loose calf.  It took me a while to finally cool down. I still have to send a message to Kim to see what she has to offer change wise on my medication so that I start sweating again.  I felt awesome after all that running, and I know it helps with the weight loss.  I shall see soon what comes of it.
Saturday after visiting Grandma I tacked up and rode Heidi.  It felt GREAT to be back in the saddle again so soon.  I hope to keep continuing to ride.  I rode Tessa last Sunday then Heidi Saturday, hopefully I can keep riding at least ONCE a weekend.  Soon as it's warm enough and dry enough hopefully I can get some shorter rides in after work at night.  Assuming the light holds out good enough.  I am still intending to get rid of the rabbits.  I don't know how far I can actually go through with it but I intend to try.  Get down to maybe a full trio?  I don't know.  Part of me just wants to get rid of all of them and say to heck with it.  But I do love Chaucer, Connie, Natalie, Legends, Flower and Willie.  And of coarse Willie's not a Dutch, nor is Flower.  And they are two different breeds.
So I have to see what I can do and what will come from progress.  I will never stop looking for different things, especially a small 1 bedroom apartment.  I want to, I need to get my own place and move forward with life.  Heidi, Tessa and Willow will be with me.

2 comments:

  1. That's so great that you've been out riding! Gotta say, I'm a little jelly... I rode once in January, but the snow & more so the ICE that coats the roads & everything else made it a short ride (3 miles) because hot horses & icy footing do not mix. I slipped on the ice & there's that moment, when you're suspended in the air, where you think "oh SHIT" and then Boom! You're on your keester. I've had worse falls, but won't risk anymore outdoor rides until we get some softness to the snow & the ice melts off the roads. I could haul to the arena, but the trailer is kinda buried... ah well.
    I raise rabbits for meat, you probably don't eat rabbit since I gather that you raise rabbits to show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have eaten them. Its why I dont name any I dont intend to keep. I just prefer mine roasted or fried. Smoked isnt bad but not my first favorite.

      Delete