Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Believing

        A lot of things have been processing lately.  I had three weeks between dog shows- and three more weeks until the next show.  This past three weeks I flopped some quite a lot at doing some more hard core training, I will not make the same mistake with these three weeks until our next show.  Next show I hope to do better.  I would like to place at least for her title show(assuming we qualify).  A lot of what we have to work on is her jumping up.  I haven't completely figured out how to make her quit doing it, and making her heel better.  
     Might have Jess coming with us, and Ayden, to see if it's something she wants to try doing.  I really hope she does, it could be something interesting to do, even if she never leaves Novice, just like me.  I can't seem to push Willow far enough to push her to off leash for Advanced- at least not quite yet.  I might follow the same route that Lisa is doing with Tinks.  Rally Novice, then Beginner Novice Obedience, then if we start doing good that way we'll come back and finish our Rally once we can start to work off leash really well.  Might take me a while and I might end up going into B before I can get there.  We did qualify with a score of 93 on our second show.  it gave us 7/8th place depending on the time as we tied with someone else for points but at that point it doesn't matter, they only place out to fourth.  
     The big girls have been pretty good.  Amber is still limping after her rough hoof trim.  I'm trying to put off calling Michael back to put shoes on her.  I've sent him a message to see what else I can do.  I've been putting the hardener on them to try and harden them up.  I know they needed that cut.  The sooner the better really.  Once we get her feet on the straight and narrow I know she'll be fine.  Just need to get her feet comfortable again.
     Just texted Michael, he'll come look at her tomorrow after work.  I can't stay late at work, I will need to take off at 4pm no if's ands or butts.  Hopefully I can get everything straightened away with her feet.  I really do miss riding her.  Heidi's my love bug on the ground, but when it comes to riding, Give me Amber any day!  I love both my girls very much though and I will see their love and care through the end of everything.  Heidi's feet are solid and she's totally set and ready to ride again.  If Michael doesn't take too long I will ride Heidi afterwards with the new girl Megan and her gelding Max.  If not I totally understand that as well, Amber's comfort comes first.  

     Anyway, Still job hunting, I have a very strong desire to get my own apartment for Willow and myself.  As much as I've finally started to get comfortable at the clinic, I know the costs of living are far higher than what I make.  I believe I can still find that job, I just have to keep faith and keep trying.  Maybe in the end I will find my dream man too.  Who knows.  Lord only knows what will happen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment