Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Standing Out


     Everything has been crazy these last few days for me.  Despite Dani not being the dog I wanted, I found one I did want.  So Lisa took the road trip with me.  Willow came home with me.  She knows who her momma was from there.  I spent that night sick with a stomach bug and she stayed by my bedside the whole night until I pulled her up onto the bed. Well despite her 20 pound size right now, she tries to hog the whole bed.  I keep telling myself that I made a mistake, I don't have the time or the patience to train a puppy.  Sometimes I really do wonder why.  Did I want a dog that badly that I had to get one?  To either extent at times I do regret doing it, and at times I do not.  I would have loved to have adopted a rescue dog to give them a second chance, but she was an older puppy from a breeder and I think she's got a good safe home with me for her life.  Sadly I do know her life span WILL be shorter than, say Heidi's, will be but I may later on get another dog I may not.  I'm hoping once I get some puppy classes under her to try and see if maybe showing in Rally would work.  I would love to try it at least once or twice you know?  
     Heidi's been just loafing and I've been trying to figure out why on earth she's still itchy and I'm down to just one last thing to try- get rid of the Rice Bran Oil.  Even if it means going back to soaking the feed to make the anti-histamine stick to it.  I haven't hardly done a thing with her lately.  Her itching has been driving me bat-shit crazy.  I have to still get her shots tomorrow, and then if Uncle Jim would help trailer, I want to move her Sunday back to Tamarack.  I know it'll be far better for her there than here for the winter and I know darn good and well I fully intend to move into Winchester and she's in the best place for me to get to her daily if I chose to.  I really need to figure out what I'm going to do with her.  
     Allen promised to do a photo shoot of me when he comes down for Thanksgiving.   It will have to be up at the barn as I want some pictures of me and Heidi, just me, me and Willow and a couple of me, Willow and Heidi.  It's debatable if I want any done of me with any of the rabbits.  Right now I'm aiming at keeping about a half dozen or so.  The Holland Lop doe is hanging in there for the mean time.  If I chose to not keep her, I may not keep Kirby either.  Right now it's sitting on Raven, Natalie, Connie, a Blue x Tobias buck(Preferring a steel buck), Penelope and possibly Raven's daughter.  This is all still preliminary.  Hopefully I can find an apartment for me and Willow to live in and then in turn I can move the rabbits to Aunt Lisa's.  Hoping I do, big time.  I'm ready for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment