Saturday, March 11, 2017

Strength

Well it's been a good few days, less depressing for sure in the clinic.  My mood still swings a lot but I am doing a bit better job controlling it I think!
 I think a lot of it has been going out on the farm calls. I'm not in the clinic a lot of the day some days.  I am pretty sure Friday I was only in the clinic about 3 hours total.  Otherwise it was all outside working cattle.  It was pretty good.  Patrick finally trusted me, more than I did, to start catching their heads in the chute.  I only half missed one cow.  I got her behind her shoulders.  It was 3rd to last so Patrick didn't mind climbing back over the gates and helping me get her tagged and everything.  I still felt stupid for missing one but he said it really wasn't that bad, especially since it was my first time even attempting to catch their heads.  First load of cattle he was going back and forth over the gates, he was running them into the pen, alley.  Brittany had the back gate there.  I got the tail gate, Cydectin pour on and then the double ear tags(guy wanted a tag in each ear- with matching numbers).  Patrick was pushing them, giving shots, catching heads and castrating.  Second load Brittany still had the back gate, Allison had come out and was doing shots, I was catching, tagging and cydectin and Patrick was just moving them in the pen.  It went so much faster that way but it also had 2 vets outside.  At least it just gave Allison and me both more experience outside.  Her first time out working cattle at all and me catching heads in the chute.  At least now I know I can do it.  I was kind of scared to do it but Patrick trusted me to be able to do it and he was right.  I know this won't last long, I know they'll go back to using Mikey once he returns.  That kind of makes me sad.  I mean I won't mind having him around again but that'll mean I'm stuck at the clinic and only going outside when he's out on a farm call with one of the others.  Rather sad.
I have started to find ways to actually lose weight just walking again too.  I've gone to just a much higher protein intake and it seems to be helping. At least with a small meal at lunch that has a much higher protein level and protein bars in the morning for breakfast.  Then walking over lunch seems to help a LOT.  I am still keeping my step count down at 10,000 steps a day, even though this last week I averaged 15,000, most over that but one day was 14,800 something.
I still have to do something about the lack of money I have.  I just have to keep telling myself 5 more payments to OneMain and they're DONE.  I kind of can't wait.   I'll have other bills by that point I am sure.  I will still be working on paying of Mikey, dad and Allen but I have to do something.  Part of my brain wants to try for a bank loan to pay off everything and then just work on the bank loan but that'll be another couple of years to get that paid off and I don't need that.  I do think I am going to cancel my gym membership for the time being, once it comes up in May.  I've only been using the walking track so there's no point in continuing to pay for the gym when I don't use the rest of the gym.  I am under contract until May at least so there's no point in fighting that.
The horses got their feet done today and as I feared I knew Tessa's were bad.  I am sure they were overdue when I picked her up and yeah, I should have called and had Michael come out back then because she had some thrush brewing and he said it was likely from before I got her back since her feet didn't appear to have been trimmed in a long time.  So tomorrow I have to go and pick up some blu-cote or thrush buster to put on her feet a few times more.  So now I can go back to riding.  Still need to save up for a treeless western saddle for Tessa but I can still use Heidi's saddle for the meantime.
The Wellness challenge through the gym that I am doing is going okay so far.  Only down 3.2 pounds in the 4 weeks, coming up on the 5th weigh in this Wednesday.  But I am learning a lot more this time around than I have last year on the 6 months of Weigh Watchers I did.  The Wellness Challenge has  small required coarse requirement with it.  We have to take at least 5 classes out of all the ones offered.  I did my first one "Fitness with a Physician" on Tuesday.  Well I had a bunch of questions for her- all stemming from the hypothyroidism and I knew if she couldn't really answer the first one, the rest wouldn't make a difference.  So of coarse I put in so much time walking at the gym and then finally meeting up with Dr. Jones and I walked a couple more laps before I fell in next to her and asked her.  So naturally as I figured she had no answer for any of my questions.  I didn't even bother with any of the other questions.  I knew it was a lost cause at that point.  I did however meet one lady that has the same Hypo problems that I do.  She gave me some pointers and a different wellness coach that I can go to and she should be able to help.  Now to see if my insurance will cover them.  That's for tomorrow afternoon.  After Church in the morning I plan to head over to the gym for an hour and walk.  Just walk for a while and see what happens.   I haven't gotten myself to the point yet of wanting to try swimming again.  I didn't even shave tonight so hairy legs and swimming are not friends at this point.  Besides I think walking for a while will still do some good.
I should be able to start riding again later this week, it'll warm back up.  Winter has finally showed up for one last gasp.  Nights are cold and the days are passable.  My Hypo makes me less tolerant of the cold and the heat.  I'm ready to be fitter and a tad more in control of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment