Thursday, December 25, 2014

Keep on, keeping on

     Life has just been rolling by these past few weeks.  With Christmas upon us, I finally got myself caught back up with life style.  Sometimes I wish I could find a self help manual to help get my life style back under control.  I had a really good Christmas spirit and then suddenly it was gone, then back again.  I don't know why it happened,or how but it did.  Still in good spirits today even as the day came to the end and I know I have to go back to work tomorrow.  
     I have barely gotten to spend any time with Allen.  A bit of it has been me.  The 24th I ran and disappeared to the barn and went riding.  I was gross and nasty when I finally did get home and it was pouring rain, which didn't help anything so I showered and we all actually stayed and talked some at the table.  Then this morning I was first up and I stayed home until 2pm before leaving for the barn.  A couple hours up with Heidi then I stopped by Aunt Lisa's to see her, Jim and Grandma since I have to work tomorrow and won't get to see her then.  
     Aunt Lisa even showed me the correct way to trim up feet.  I did what I thought was right to get Willow's trimmed but looks a bit choppy.  No surprise, I did it wrong.  I still haven't heard back yet from Emily for a training class.  I really need it as well as Willow.  There is so much for even me to learn, especially if I ever want to compete in Rally down the road.  I want to, I really do.  I really think it will be a fun new avenue to try. 
     Heidi got a new saddle, as I joke, it was a Christmas gift to myself.  Of which I really couldn't afford, it ended up on my credit card- fully knowing that it may or may not fit her correctly.  So far no saddle that I had found and tried on her had been that perfect a fit, until this dressage saddle.  A Thornhill Vienna II.  It seems to be the perfect saddle, which is kinda scary.  It will hopefully last a very long time.  If I can keep up after the leather it will last a VERY long time.  So I've been scrubbing, conditioning and wiping that saddle down a LOT.  Each time I do condition the Thornhill, I condition Lisa's saddle and the cheapy english I picked up to ride Mary in.  Tomorrow I intend to at least try that saddle on Mary to see if it'll fit.  If it doesn't I might try and donate it to a rescue or something.  Maybe trade it online or do a partial trade for another one I don't know.  I'll know more tomorrow.  A nice long day in the boring office.  Thankfully I am an 8-5 person this time. 
     First time in months getting 8-5 and right about now I wish I was on 7-4.  No morning kennel cleaning and everything else should already get stocked up by the time I get there.  I will do what I can to get everything ready to go but I don't know much of it because I never get the chance to learn it.  The only one there that is even keen on teaching me is Diane.  I still do not feel comfortable there, despite spending the months trying.  I don't know what to do.  Still on the job hunt for just the right place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment