Saturday, December 9, 2017

Wake up

Well after the minor blow up last Tuesday seemed to have calmed me back down.  I am so glad that I finally got it off my chest.  It seemed to help the week flow by a lot better and I was able to focus more on what is going on around my little world. 

My health was at the fore-front for the most part.  I had the clinic junk going last weekend, and Monday Doc and Scotty both said get a Z-pack and it will clear it up a lot faster.  So I did and now that I am going back to my normal allergy issues and some sinus stuff but I think once I get my gut back in line the sinus problems will slowly dissipate on their own.  At least I hope so.  I *HAVE* to call my doctor's office and get an afternoon appointment- preferably before Christmas to have another blood draw done.  I've been so tired.  Last night I slept a solid 8 hours.  Willow woke me up to go poddy and I let her out, told her to go pee and then I went pee, let her in and went back to bed for another 2 hours.  I have been trying to doze on and off all day long.  I've been exhausted for days really.  Part of me wants to randomly up my Armour but I'm afraid to in case it's just too much. 

Thursday was a drop and kick in the bucket for me.  Thursday I got a Text from Aunt Boo saying Stanton was trying to get a hold of Lisa and needing a POA for Grandma.  And she had sent a text to Dad.  I knew that dad had gone home and the sheep hauling was the following week. I texted back that I would try to get a hold of them and that the sheep haul was the 13th.  So I called Lisa's house, got nothing, then called home, and was talking to dad on speaker phone and messaging Lisa through Facebook.  Grandma was on her way to Clark Regional and Lisa wanted someone there when she got there, so, thankfully it was 4 pm, I showed Debbie what was going on and I took off for Clark Regional.  I was there just a few minutes after Grandma got there @ 4:20 pm.  Good thing I know the back roads to get off Bypass in Winchester.  Got me down there much faster.  Anyway.  I went into Trauma 3 where grandma was and I started talking to her and she looked towards me and smiled.  That did make me smile.  I talked to the nurses some, and wouldn't allow them to do anything until Lisa got there.  After that initial smile she dropped back to her unresponsive state. I talked to the nurses and answered what questions I could.  First time in over a week I finally saw Aunt Lisa.  Wasn't the way I wanted to see her, nor the place and I pray she doesn't get my cold as I wait for it to finish passing.  Lisa stayed with Grandma and sent me the message Friday that Grandma was diagnosed with Pneumonia and pulmonary embolisms.  They were able to give her IV antibiotics but couldn't give her any blood thinners to help with the blood clots in her lungs because her blood is already so thin.  Late Friday night she made it back to Stanton Nursing Home and into Hospice care.  So this morning Dad and I skipped going to visit.  Let her re-gain her bearings.  I will see her next Saturday.  I know Lisa went down today to get everything set in order with Hospice.  I will stop by church tomorrow and let Lee know so hopefully he and Cricket can go down and see her at least once more.  I honestly hope she goes to see Jesus sooner rather than later.  I know she's in pain and I'd rather she doesn't.  She doesn't need to harbor that kind of pain anymore. 

I do my best and tomorrow morning after morning clinic I will go by her place with her Christmas present on my way to Paris to meet with Amy and get my tort dutch do and hand over the English Spot buck Foster for a 4Her.  It will be so nice to see people outside of my coworkers and the clients and someone that I enjoy seeing! I need to go out and socialize more.  I kind of can't wait for everything to happen so the next two work weeks go on a bit faster and get on with the Christmas holiday.  I can't wait to see everyone and I'm eager for a good long weekend. 

Today has been the first snowfall.  I was supposed to go to the company Christmas dinner and after getting to the far exit on the interstate I said NO, turn around before someone hits you. So I did.  No steak and seafood for dinner for me, instead it was hot dogs but I smile as I see so many people stranded and know I turned around BEFORE it got ugly and I was home, safe and sound.  So many roads are closed and it's a driver's warning out there.  Tomorrow morning I can get the camera out and get pics of everybody out in the snow.  This is the last holiday season for Ayden.  Likely in January we will put him to sleep.  He has Squamous cell carcinoma's in his nasal cavity- ie an inoperable cancer so his nose just keeps swelling up and right now one nostil is swollen shut.  No amount of steriods is helping and to me his nose smells necrotic and I am hoping it can hold out until January before we have to put him down.  Right now he's happy and not really struggling to breath so it's just a watch and wait game.  He will tell us when he's had enough I hope. 

Not the most uplifting post but still a post to go forward off!  I've woken up and I am going forward in thoughts medical and life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment