Friday, January 1, 2016

The start of something fresh

Happy New Year! 
     Today being the first day of the new year I fully intend to make every little bit of this year be as awesome as possible.  Today I started the year, on lack of sleep I went up to the barn to ride.  Heidi moved to Lucky Charm two days ago, 12/30 and so far she seems to be happy and today she was eager to go out and ride.  I'm very glad she wasn't super up and was able to ride it.  She's still very stiff to one side.  After a really decently long ride, I put Heidi in the round pen.  We worked in the round pen, and I did make her do some bending as well.  Then called it a day.  It's been a day and I'm very happy and proud that she worked as well as she did.  She's quite happy in her pasture, it's good sized with fewer horses on it.  It still does have a little bit of grass in it but they are tossing hay I'm pretty sure. Either way she was happy.  

     I have swappped the bunnies today to water dishes.  It seemed like the right thing to do with the bottles going to start freezing again at night. I'd rather not bust any water bottles that I don't have two.  I only have 2 newer ones out of 6 bottles, and Kylie's got one or two new bottles out of her bunch, she's got a couple of my older ones.  The older ones will be the most likely to bust.  Now hopefully Athena has kits soon, I forgot when I bred her, and I know I bred Natalie to Willie when I bred Huffy to Butters.  I'm going to swap Connie into Kylie's cages and move Huffy over if she palpates positive so she has more room to raise her kits. Thinking.  Sherry got herself a new cage for Blue and offered me her old cage, which is a 30x30" cage .  Like my stacked cages so I went ahead and said yes please.  I know I will not get anymore rabbits myself but it would work really well for Whiskey and her kits.  it still needs everything else pan, legs what not BUT Whiskey has more room.  Whiskey lost her runt baby which was also her only broken colored kit.  To me she has two Chestnut Agouti's, once black or steel kit and four ruby eyed whites.  Still not bad at all for her first live litter.  They should be ready to go February 19th as that's the 8 week old mark and next weekend I shall sex them and find out what she's got.  
     Willow has been super hyper now that she's on a different food.  She's on a vet exclusive Royal Canine diet and it seems to be trimming the fat, upping her energy and helping her build muscle.  She's on the Weight Management- Satiety and she's doing really well.  Only thing I have noticed so far was that she's got a bit dryer stool than she used to.  I do want to work on that as she gets green beans and pumpkin on her dinner I just want to make sure she doesn't get constipated at all.  She does poop more often and everything I've read up on it says that is normal for that food.  I just hope she keeps trimming the fat and building the muscle.  We have to go back to working again soon because I do want to finish her Beginner Novice, Novice obedience titles and I do want to get Advanced Rally.  Eventually I want to try agility with her as her food is helping her build the extra muscle plus she's already really good at running and jumping.
     I'm so ready to get this year under way.  I'm looking at new jobs, an extra part time job or whatever to build some savings as well as continue my search for the right guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment