Saturday, October 20, 2018

Dreams



I have been doing a lot of dreaming lately.  Some dreams don't make any sense but some I just wish I could make come true. I know I can with good hard work and it will take time but I want to get so much more of it coming true NOW.  I am being impatient. I know God has a plan for me, I know he does.  He wouldn't bring me onto this path if he didn't have a plan.
     Some of my dreams was winning the lottery.  If I did I can just about guarantee that I would get 3 horses.  Truly, David Howard's Paint gelding and Becky's mare.
Truly: I fell in love with her when I was boarding Heidi at Tamarack   


Becky's mare, I don't even know her name



I don't have pictures of David Howards paint gelding.  All of them have something wrong.  I would love to have a "mistfit" farmstead.  I know Truly is something in her back or hips, Becky's mare has bad elbows and David Howards gelding has something wrong with his legs. Becky's mare and Tessa would likely either become a pair of broodmares or them together with Truly and the gelding would all turn into my future show horses, I have really gotten the bug to want to try showing in halter classes.  Becky's mare is AQHA, Tessa and DH's gelding is APHA and I'm not sure which Truly is.  I have a penpal up in Ohio that has Appaloosa's that she halter shows.  Sounds like a fun new adventure.  But lastly I cannot afford 3 horses, nor have room for 3 horses, so having 5 would be beyond my limit of everything

I have such a soft spot for old or 'damaged' animals.  Patrick had this old chihuahua brought in last weekend hit by a car or tossed from a car or something and I couldn't see the poor thing left in a cage all weekend at the clinic.  Thankfully I have a wonderful loving father and he let me bring it home for the weekend.  It's really taken to Jessica and I have been expressing her bladder several times a day since she can't do it herself.  She kind of looks like a little gremlin.  Willow doesn't like her much, she's jealous of it but it's only for a weekend.  Patrick mentioned something about putting her to sleep Monday because she can't control her bladder, and I fear she has kidney issues with the lack of bladder control and add on top of it a broken leg.  She's loving all the love and attention she's been getting from Jess.  



I'll probably cry if Patrick does put her to sleep.  She's been such a good little thing.  It has given Jess something to look forward to and something to do.  I just have such a soft spot for old and need a soft spot to land kind of animals.  

Willow- thinking of her.  It's cooled down and we haven't done much, but hopefully tomorrow will change all that. We are going to go to Lowes in the morning for some orange construction fence to keep the neighbors dog out of our backyard.  May not be pretty but that's not my problem.  Keep the dogs out of our yard is all I care about.  

The big girls are doing pretty good.  Tessa had another round of thrush and then finally blew an abscess.  Second abscess I have ever had to deal with!  Been a while.  It's been good with them and I Hope to continue to do good.  I think with the rabbits getting cut back I should be okay.  I'm just so frustrated trying to sell some decent show stock.  I might totally give up showing and breeding them.  I haven't fully decided but the mouse problem IS getting out of hand.  Time to cut them back and get the mouse problem under control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment