Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Thankful



Well our few months at Aunt Lisa's for the big girls was over.  Her field needs some time to recover for the sheep for the winter, so on the 25th, Nelson came over and hauled the girls home.  Tessa balked at the trailer at first because it was a higher step up than she was used to, but a little bit of encouragement and she hopped up.  I was a little worried she wouldn't load, I remembered the first time we tried to load her as a 2 year old, onto Nelson's trailer to move her home and we tried for almost an hour to get her on and couldn't get her on.  The 5.5 years she spent with Joey he did a lot of training work with her and he hauled her all over the place.  So her balking kinda scared me but she loaded.  But Heidi loaded as I expected her to.  I know she was a pain in the ass to load onto Lisa's trailer to bring her over to Lisa's, but I figured with Tessa already on the trailer Heidi * should * load right up- and she did.  Didn't miss a step at all.  Walked right up next to me.  Super thankful she is such a fantastic mare.  Tessa's no slouch on the fantastic mare aspect either, but I still say that I will not get another mare after these two, unless I find a guy that is into raising QH's and Paints. I also talked to Nelson a little about maybe bringing Heidi over to meet a stud in the next year or two.  I am just scared to get a filly foal.  Though Nelson said he preferred his fillies over colts.  
Anyway, the girls came home and have been so comfortable together.  I finally went and got some fly spray because the big horse flies were bothering the crap out of the two.  






Wormed them on Sunday and Monday and Tuesday I lunged Tessa about 5-10 minutes each day.  Hoping sometime before the weekend to get on her and ride.  Might be bareback.  I did get my saddle scrubbed clean.  It's been sitting so long it was all covered in mold.  I am hoping this drive I have had the last couple of days continues so that I will get on both girls before I go back to work. 

Sad part is the rabbits seem to have gotten pushed to the wayside.  I keep telling myself I simply cannot keep up with all the different animals.  Sadly the dog show in September is out because I have to work at Drachefeld.  I am tempted to bring my sister and 'teach' her to do it so I can do the show still but I don't want to make Becky mad at me either.  So I guess until Mikey is back and I can have choice weekends free to continue showing I guess dog shows are out of the question. 

So eventually I guess I will have to find a new loophole to go through with future plans.  I REALLY would like to find a guy that's totally decent and worth my time to deal with.  I would really like to get married someday.  The girls at work made jokes saying I needed to get married so I could get divorced and join them in their divorced crowd.  Honestly I don't want to get married just to get divorced again and be apart of their 'crowd'.  But I would love to get married someday to a man that's worth it.  I am still searching for a decent place to move into with some of my paycheck now being freed up,  all that is left right now is credit card debt.  I am putting cash aside for a newer car for myself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment